Unfortunately that much lactose (and sugar) would wipe me out for a day or two. So I changed the recipe to the following:
- 4 cups flour (I used bread flour)
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
The directions are pretty much the same except maple syrup is mixed with liquids instead. I didn’t include the raisins (undead grapes) as I can’t eat them. I didn’t have caraway seeds to include. Unfortunately this was still too much sugar for me but it was mighty tasty.
I used a bread maker on the sweet setting (2 lbs, light setting) and had to intervene in the middle to manually mix the ingredients as the bread maker wasn’t doing so successfully. I suspect it is because the liquid content was so much it wasn’t getting enough purchase to mix. I’ll be making another loaf this weekend and I’ll include a picture then.